Being single at my age gets me many mixed reactions. Here are my top 10…
- You are single? Have you tried Match.com? My cousin met his wife on there.
- No husband? Well don’t worry, there are plenty of fish in the sea.
- Why such a beautiful girl not married?
- You should go online, there are plenty of dating sites and I should know because my granddaughter met her boyfriend on one.
- Don’t worry, you will find someone one day.
- It’s on God’s watch
- When you are looking for someone, you won’t find him.
- You can’t be picky and base your interest on a bad profile picture.
- It’s not your time
- God is still perfecting your future husband.
Let’s start off by talking about online dating. It SUCKS! It is a waste of money, time, and it is creepy. I should know, Match.com has made a lot of money off of me. I have had a subscription off and on but now I have been online with them for almost 6 months. I have yet to go on a date. I even paid for someone to re write my profile! Don’t forget that it is creepy and frustrating as well. I specified that I am looking for someone between the ages of 33-40. So when I get a message from someone that is 52 and wants to know if I want to chat, I am so grossed out. I wouldn’t date someone 8 years younger than my father.
I must share the most bizarre email I have received (this is only a portion of it)
– What more can I say about myself??? OK I have a Yahoo Instant Messenger. If you do please Invite me as ( xxx ) or Email me so we can take this Further and See where it takes us too. I want to talk to you, Please don’t disregard my Interest or Ignore my message. l’ll understand if you aren’t comfortable OK?? Frankly it looks like you’re a part of me that was Lost but Found now, Please accept me :), You will like Me. I’ll be waiting to talk to you soon. WOW!
P/S Reply to this and Don’t ignore my message, I will understand if you arent comfortable ok? Thanks Have a great day, INVITE me on Yahoo… Leave me your Cell # please. Thanks -HAPPY NEW YEAR
To say the least, I don’t use Yahoo instant messenger and I sure as hell would not send this Yahoo my cell #. He did have a profile picture and he had to be in his fifties.
How many times have you heard, looks are not important? Hell YES THEY ARE! Are you really going to sleep with someone you are not attracted to? Granted, we all age and lose our youthful glow but if you are not initially attracted to someone physically, chances are that “spark” will fade. With that said, if I don’t like the guy’s profile picture, there is a 1% chance that I would move on and read his profile. Even if the guy is slightly cute but does not put in any effort to post decent pictures of himself, that tells me he does not want to put much effort into finding someone. When I see pictures of guys chugging beer, or have their arm around a girl with her breasts hanging out…um hello…that is no match for me Match.com
I love when people tell me, don’t worry…there are plenty of fish in the sea. That is disgusting! I don’t want to sleep with a fish for goodness sake. Yeah there may be a lot of “men” out there, but catching one has not been my specialty.
If I am such a beautiful girl, then why am I single? I wish I understood why I have not had a date in over 2 years. I am a beautiful girl. I am also smart, witty, creative, easy-going, and fun to be with. Just ask my mom how perfect I am 🙂
So it’s not my time to meet someone or everything is on God’s time. I love you God, but you need a new watch. If it’s not my time to be in love with a man I married and have children with, then when is it? Just tell me when and I will block the time on my calendar. I will even set a reminder on my phone.
The upside of being single is that I get to be independent and dictate my time, energy, and finances. Essentially, I can do whatever I want. But I wish I had a companion to do whatever with.